Pages

I love it all: embroidery, canvaswork, quilting, crochet. So much to do, so little time.





Wednesday, February 8, 2017

WIP Wednesday

Hey Blog Buddies,

Here lately I've been working on only two projects, so I thought I'd catch you up on the one you haven't seen yet.  But first, a Molly update.

She's Not Happy

First she had to go "under the knife"
and now there's this indignity.
She doesn't wear it all the time,
only at night and those infrequent times
that we need to leave her alone during the day.
I'm convinced she would chew open her stitches
if left to her own devices.
But other than hating her collar,
she is fine and acting like her old self.

Today we received the pathology report from our vet.
There's good news and bad news.
The bad news is that her growth was malignant.
The good news is that the vet removed
the entire thing (including one of her nipples!),
was happy with the margins,
and feels that the surgery will be "curative."
Let's hope so.

Back to the WIP.  A little while ago I showed this blackwork chart that I wanted to start...

...Blackwork Journey's Wandering Star.
Looking at the black-and-white chart above, 
it took me a while to figure out the star reference.
So I thought I'd make the stars a different color.

I will admit that some of the
filling patterns in this piece
almost make my head explode,
but I'm happy with how it looks so far.

That's it from here.
Hope your February is going along swimmingly.
Thanks for stopping by.

14 comments:

Beth in IL said...

One of the few things I don't do is black work. It always makes my head explode. Hope you puppy feels better soon.

CalamityJr said...

So glad Molly's report has the good news outweighing the bad. She's such a sweet girl. Your blackwork stars look great in different colors; glad you made that choice.

Linda said...

So glad to hear that Molly is doing good. Beautiful start.

Linda

Pull the other thread said...

Aw poor little pup!! She looks super sorry for herself there. Hope that the surgery has resolved the issue. Lovely stitching on your blackwork piece.

Julie said...

Loving the blackwork, it always looks so elegant and your coloured version is breathtaking.
Awww poor Molly, she does look at all happy.

Anonymous said...

Oh Molly looks so sad...but knowing Molly she will bounce back and be her loving self soon! Love that blackwork...that's something that I don't have patience for! Beautiful work!

Robin in Virginia said...

Miss Molly is adorable. Glad to hear that she is on the mend and the good news outweighs the bad. Your black work piece looks gorgeous.

Faith... said...

Poor Molly, hope she gets to leave the collar permanently off soon!

Love your Blackwork and how you made the stars different colors, it really makes them stand out.

geeky Heather said...

Aww, poor Molly in the Cone of Shame! Glad the vet thinks they got all the nastiness. I love the color changes you made to the blackwork.

Keebles said...

Oh no...the cone of shame! One of these days I'm gonna give blackwork a shot!

Wendy said...

Beautiful stitching. I love elizabeth's designs. Poor Molly. My rabbit had to wear a cone when she was neutered. I took it off and she attacked her stitches immediately so she had it on full time

Carol said...

Oh, poor Molly! I can imagine she isn't the happiest wearing that silly cone :) But, I do hope they got all of her growth removed and that she will soon be back to her old playful self.

Lovely progress on your blackwork piece, Pat--it looks so delicate and intricate at the same time!

Mouse said...

awwww the cone of shame ... give her a wee gentle hug n scratch from the mouse house please ... sooo glad the news is positive with the operation .... love how you are doing the stars in different colours :) love mouse xxxxxx

Astrids dragon said...

Poor, sad, Molly! I bet she can't wait to get rid of the cone.
I love that you're colouring the stars, they look great!